Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Another Epic Tahoe Backcountry Day

I awoke yesterday to some pretty chilly temps here in Squaw – thermometer read sub zero at the house a bit before 9AM. Rumor was, over in Truckee, it was in the negative double digits earlier in the AM.

I was lucky enough to hook up with my buddy Andy to do some backyard touring in the area. Cold temps were quickly forgotten by 3,000' of climbing. After two runs and some amazing turns and views, a good nap on the couch was welcome. Great day, thanks for the tour, Andy.

It was warming up when I shot this and I missed it at -4 – who knows how low it was when I was sleeping

Skin track up – Andy always well ahead of me

Andy in the office

Cruising up the frozen drainage 

Getting closer to the top – some good looking skiing across the ridge

A pretty serious haul, but about to peak out

The views in Tahoe just never get old

When it's this cold fashion takes a back seat

Some seriously soft and cold snow out there



A leg burner of a day for me



Head to Switzerland in just a day, so check back in if you want to keep tabs on the #radicalsabbatical.




No comments:

Post a Comment